Dr. Allan S. Thomas, DMD
Dr. Thomas studied dentistry at Oregon Health Sciences University followed by two years of General Practice residency at the University of Connecticut. During his 30 plus years in private practice, he has continued his education by attending numerous seminars and conferences every year.
Devotion to his patients drives Dr. Thomas not only to continue his education but also to provide the best quality materials and equipment available in dentistry. He feels lucky his vocation is also his passion and his diversion. Dr. Thomas derives equal pleasure from fashioning a completely new cosmetic smile and teaching a classroom of preschoolers how to care for their teeth. He loves how his profession allows him to help others while forming lifelong friendships with his patients.
Dr. Thomas is the recipient of numerous awards including being the first dentist in Utah to earn accreditation by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists. He has been inducted into the International College of Dentist, and received the prestigious Crown Council Qualified Membership award. Dr. Thomas is a member of the American Dental Association, the Utah Dental Association, Salt Lake District Dental Society, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Crown Council and Pacific Aesthetic Continuum.
Dr. Thomas loves hiking, running, skiing, and is always reading several books simultaneously. When not helping his patients he loves spending time with his wife Pat, their four children, and grandchildren, preferably outdoors somewhere.
Dr. Thomas’ Dentist Qualifications
- Graduate, Oregon Health Services University, 1987, Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD)
- Two Year General Practice Residency University of Connecticut, 1987–1989 (with emphasis in full-mouth reconstructive dentistry)
- Various Course Completions, Pacific Aesthetic Continuum (PAC LIVE) (one of the nation’s premiere, hands-on live patient continuing education program)
- Oral Conscious Sedation Course Completion, Utah General Dentistry
- Various Course Completions, Pacific Laser Institute
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Lifetime Qualified Member, Crown Council (a prestigious alliance of leading-edge dentists who are strongly committed to promoting oral health, fighting oral cancer, and serving their communities through charitable work)
If you are looking for a gentle, caring and effective general and sedation dentist in the Salt Lake City, Holladay and Sugar House areas, we invite you to contact our office to schedule an initial consultation.
You can also call our dental office at 801-322-4900.